Cracks under bay window

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We have recently accepted an offer on our house. the buyers are having a home buyers survey done and suddenly i have become panicked about some cracks under our bay window.

There are no cracks on the external wall and these cracks have been on the internal wall for as long as I can remember (We painted the room 9 years ago) and have not grown in size. I was wondering if anybody would know if this would raise the eyebrows of a surveyor?

Attachments

• bay1.jpg
    bay1.jpg
    172.8 KB · Views: 211
  • bay2.jpg
    bay2.jpg
    189.4 KB · Views: 225
Sponsored Links
Fill and paint them quick. Blend this in so it is not obvious.

Yes a surveyor will pick them up and the more numpty he/she is, the worse they will make it seem.

There's also some bubbling and perhaps blown plaster in pic #2.

Sponsored Links
Well its typically a sign of damp, & although i'm not a surveyor, i could see it in your pic?

But having said that - Mortgage surveys are often an almost drive by run through the house, and that might be considered (& might even be) the results of a bit of condensation often found near windows?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back