crafting a hopper / basin

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I need to craft a basin on a wall to collect water flowing trough a couple of cracks in the wall.
To then divert the water from this basin into a gutter below.
I already have a gutter running along the wall (below the cracks) which currently captures about 40% of the water.
The rest 60% splatters and goes on the ground.
The gutter has enough capacity.

The wall is an uneven surface concrete/stone.
Cracks are about 12 inches apart so would need to make something this big.

Or perhaps cement a couple of 68mm right angle bends to the wall right over the cracks?

https://www.toolstation.com/68mm-offset-bend/p34161

Any ideas?

Yes, I know, it would be a solution to plug the cracks but my up hill neighbour
has enough problems with the flooding as it is. If my system works, I could even enlarge the cracks to take more water.

Sponsored Links
thank you.
i saw that before and disregarded due to the unevenness of the wall of up to 2 inches (holes and concrete chunks protruding).
also, the water pressure during heavy rain, causes the water to shoot like a waterfall.

if i was to smooth out that section of the wall with cement first, then it could work.

i actually collected some rocks to form a basin underneath, thinking to cement over the top of the rocks, allow for the gutter on a side.
just not sure if cementing the 90deg 68mm bends right into the wall would not be better/easier?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back