Crap films

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I watched a film called Apostle on Netflix last night and when it finished me and my missus looked at each other both thinking WTF was that all about??

It starts off ok, a guys sister is kidnapped and held for ransom by a cult on a remote island. The brother infiltrates the group to free here. After that though, there’s a woman connected to a tree that’s force fed blood and guts. A mountain explodes and that’s full of blood.

It’s just so random.

Has anyone seen it or watched another film that’s left you wondering ‘what the **** was that all about?’

https://www.empireonline.com/movies/apostle-2/review/

Sponsored Links
Yes, The Revenant (Leonardo de Caprio) - and Bright (Will Smith).

Don't bother with Bird Box - just rubbish - or you could watch it and play count the flaws.

Revolver (Ray Liotta, Jason Statham, Mark Strong, et al)

Having read the plot, I still have little clue what was going on (strangely entertaining though).

Sponsored Links
I quite like films involving survival (think 127 hours). I was intrigued when I saw "All is Lost" (2013) about a man at sea in a yacht colliding with a shipping container at sea. The only actor in the entire film finds himself struggling at every hurdle to survive at sea after the collision and we see him realise the grave situation he is in and the fragility of life itself.

The description was good and I love these types of films, but after watching it I felt I just wasted nearly 2 hours of our precious weekend evening. Wish I'd just gone to the pub... I found it really difficult to connect to the character (no backstory, no real hint at any family or loved ones, etc.), each misfortune just seemed randomly strung together and the character just seemed a bit... pathetic to me.

"The human centipede" directed by Tom six,,and the sequel...most bizarre bolox I have ever seen..,Scary that 44% of people enjoyed it.Properly Properly disturbing..Makes "Hostel"look like "The sound of music"

"The human centipede" directed by Tom six,,and the sequel...most bizarre bolox I have ever seen..,Scary that 44% of people enjoyed it.Properly Properly disturbing..Makes "Hostel"look like "The sound of music"

I was roped into watching that (probably the wrong phrase there....) and I had to leave it was awful. I also watched part of the second film and it really affected me for a few days. I genuinely don't know how it became so popular and almost 'accepted' as a an alternative film. It just looks like it should reside in the dark depths of the internet. Some strange folk out there.

I was affected by Titanic, I was gutted for days :LOL::LOL:

(Because the guy died, not because the ship sank)

Has anyone seen Day after tomorrow?

I see it the Day before yesterday.

I was roped into watching that (probably the wrong phrase there....) and I had to leave it was awful. I also watched part of the second film and it really affected me for a few days. I genuinely don't know how it became so popular and almost 'accepted' as a an alternative film. It just looks like it should reside in the dark depths of the internet. Some strange folk out there.
Lol...yes,,a deeply weird film,,

Sponsored Links
Back