crashing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My computer keeps closing down with the message: A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer.

I have got a new wireless mouse but this happened a couple of days before I fitted it.

Can anyone help please?

Sponsored Links
Without trying to worry as I can't confirm the error but I know the old Sasser virus used to do something similar.

To rule it out make sure you AV is up-to-date - I use AVG, its free and has been highly rated on many technical websites and magazines.

I've never known corrupted/incorrect installed software and hardware to do this, normally it'll just blue screen or restart and even tell you there is a confliction.

Is their any other information with the error? Is it your normal Blue Screen of Death error?

just the blue screen with a warning that there may be a problem with new hardware.

Sponsored Links
Without trying to worry as I can't confirm the error but I know the old Sasser virus used to do something similar.

To rule it out make sure you AV is up-to-date - I use AVG, its free and has been highly rated on many technical websites and magazines.

I've never known corrupted/incorrect installed software and hardware to do this, normally it'll just blue screen or restart and even tell you there is a confliction.

I would agree :rolleyes:

Provide some details about the machine. Knowing the O/S also helps.

Have you used the event viewer to see if any application or system logs have been created at the time of the error?

There is also good old Dr. Watson.

Back