crawl space underhouse flooding,some kind pump needed

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi my parents bungalow was built around 1950 and has a crawl space all under the full house which is normally dry to damp which is about 600mm below ground level,over the last month or so its started to get water in about half of the floor space and i looked under today and all the floor space has betweeen 20mm to 40mm of water all over i think its coming up through the floor as its built right at the bottom of a hill and ive checked all the pipes, but what im after is some kind of pump that will get rid of it, i bought 3 so far that wont do it because the water is not deep enough is there any thing outthere that will do the job tryed the wet vac but gave up after 5 hours and it hardly dropped ..thanks

Sponsored Links
You need to dig cross shaped trenchs to channel the water to the centre where you have to dig a hole to fill with water and house a submersible pump.

Some are fitted with a float valve. You can buy them from Screwfix and Machine Mart.

Why has water suddenly come now? Has any local drain blocked? Is there a leak in the mains water supply?

Tony

had a of a lot of rain over the last few weeks and they did have a drain what was blocked a while a go too

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back