Creaking heating pipes

My sister will so slap me when she sees the finished setup (she's more of a minimalist) :)

With a solid fuel heat source and a minimalist look they will work really well as they add a subtle feature and also perform a valuable function.
Not sure a 6" diameter gauge could ever be called subtle......... thinking temp gauge for woodburner output, another one for thermal store and pressure gauge somewhere (or maybe 2- one for the woodburner and one for the thermal store). Nice row of 3 (4) in lovingly polished brass :)

I fail to see your problem? Tell the sister it's regulations and that's how they have to be done!!

Jon

Sponsored Links
I'll help you. Just quote this post but delete this line.

@oldbutnotdead To comply with Hetas regs (BS78453 - 1/7 2014) for solid fuel in a domestic environment you will need to have certain pressure and temp gauges around the system but better in a bank if you can. These should be of a brass construction and clearly visible. You should also include a means of isolation to the gauge and a suitable syphon to prevent shock to the gauges.

There you go mate job done.

Jon

Don't think I'll get away with array below (OK they're electrical but you get my drift :) )
gauge 1.jpg

Sponsored Links
The U boat stuff would definitely suit the house better (similar state of falling to bits :) ). USS Growler is a bit too modern.....

Syphons (pig tail/swan neck) are primarily used to protect pressure gauge from heat sink....rapid pressure changes would normally be apparent with steam , initial kick from circulator shouldnt effect gauge , especially so when referring to domestic.;).

And the inside of a pressure gauge is a curled piece of metal too, set up to bend with pressure (bourdon tube)

Nozzle

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back