Pipes creaking when they heat

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

Anyone have an easy solution to this one? I've run a piece of copper pipe through a hole I've drilled in the joist - the pipe was 15mm, the hole was 22mm, but even so there's still a creaking noise as the pipe heats up. :rolleyes:

Is there anything I can inject around the pipe that will stop this happening? I know I heard felt mentioned once, but it's a bit of a tight fit for that.

Thanks,

Russ :)

Sponsored Links
Can I get insulation that thin? We're talking a few mm clearance if that! :(

I was actually wondering whether another option might be to inject some kind of grease or silicon-type substance?

Russ

try the pipe covers you get from b and q...the type you use to Chrome" or Whiteen the pipoework to the rads

Sponsored Links
Can I get insulation that thin? We're talking a few mm clearance if that! :(

I was actually wondering whether another option might be to inject some kind of grease or silicon-type substance?

Russ

get some hessian wrap

:)

if if you have a 15mm pipe in a 22mm hole you should have 7mm all the way round

are you sure you hole is big enough?

the hole will be big enough but the pipe is probably sitting on the bottom of the hole, i would have suggested 19mm pvc overflow pipe, but TBH the rad snap is probably going to be easier to fit as it is designed to snap round the pipe and is slightly smaller, (was going to say i will remember that one for the next time, then i realised i am really clever and sleeve the pipes before i fit them :LOL: )

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back