Creating a HDMI output for a Toshiba 43ul2063db TV main board

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a broken Toshiba 43ul2063db TV and the only thing wrong with it is a cracked screen. I'm hoping that there will be a way to take the PS and main video board out and create a stand-alone sealed unit with an HDMI output which I can then pass to an older TV so that I can take advantage of the board's smart TV software. Does anyone know if this is possible?

T.I.A.

William

Sponsored Links
Given that a Fire TV stick is £30-£50 depending whether you want the 1080p or up to 4K version, and that Fire TV stick will outperform the TV smart features anyway, plus the cost and complexity of trying to convert the screen drivers and integrate sound in to a viable HDMI feed that will also comply with HDCP content protection for any licenced smart streaming content....

Can you see where this is heading?

Cut your losses. Check out the value of your TV as used spare parts:
  • the remote - £15~£20
  • T-con board - £15~£25
  • Power supply - £20-£35
  • Main board - £25-£40 - rarely required, but it still has some value
Coming back to your idea, if it's possible to do by a layman then there'll be a video about it on YouTube.

Thank you for taking the time to reply. You make a very strong argument :) I was just hoping it would be a simple task. I've already considered the dismantling and selling the parts on Ebay.

Thank you again.

Kind regards,

William

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back