Creda Europa S230G oven

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Not sure if this should go into Appliances or Electrics..

I have a built in gas oven - as above Creda Europa S230G

Its timer/digital control is on the blink - sounds like something tap dancing behind the display at times.

I am having a lot of difficulty finding a replacement - not surprising as it is not the youngest of ovens!

The details on the label for the the (6 button) timer are

EL198/378.24A
Invensys D-78559 Merl No:4817226901 and the date (I presume) 27.05.04

full

full

Googling any of that comes up blank, but I imagine the part has probably been upgraded since then and is obsolete.

I can find pictures of many timers that look similar - but mine appears to have a processor of some sort, the ones I found so far do not have this.

As the assembly is most likely used in other ovens I am hoping there is something out there which would replace this. I just know one day the thing will fail meaning we cannot use the oven.

I attach a couple of pics taken as best I could without removing the oven completely, plus a picture/link to the only one I found that looks similar, but has only one relay where mine has 2.

http://www.europart.co.uk/14-IN-09

Any parts people on here or advice on a replacement and where from?

Thanks

Gerry

Sponsored Links
Hi jj4091,

Sorry for the late reply - thanks for that link.

I contacted Ransom Spares, but they said there were too many different models to say for certain.

I did a bit of digging around the internet - discovered Creda were taken over by Hotpoint, and contacted Hotpoint. They had a similar model number (same beginning S230 - followed by GW or GS etc etc - which denoted the finish) and gave me the part number.

This indeed translates to the part you found on Ransom Spares site.

It is slightly different - having no processor module on the board (it may be hidden on the other side) but is virtually the same.

I have just fitted it - and the clock/timer seems to be working as it should, its functions matching the wording on the oven faceplate.

The new part incidentally is marked up as an Indesit part. But I guess was used by many manufacturers all those years ago!

Gerry

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back