Creda Europa solar plus timer fault

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello

My ancient creda solar Europa double oven has developed a fault. The timer "buzzer" is sounding constantly, very high pitched, and the display is dead. The ovens themselves still work. We never use the timer or the clock, and we are replacing this oven later this year so I just need a few more months out of it.

Reading about timer faults typically the ovens stop working and the solution is to bridge the relays. In my case the ovens are still working as normal.

I took the front cover off and looking at the board, the capacitor has failed.

Is there a safe way to remove power to the unit (to stop the buzzer noise) but also keep the ovens working?

If I disconnect the bottom right wires (line and neutral) I suspect the relays will stay open. Maybe not? If I disconnect just the line what is the best way to terminate it safely?

Any thoughts appreciated even if it's get an electrician in! I don't want to spend too much on new timer part as we never used it anyway.

Thanks

Attachments

• PXL_MWP_20230402_121939253~2.jpg
    PXL_MWP_20230402_121939253~2.jpg
    376.8 KB · Views: 570
Sponsored Links
Not sure if this would be better in the electric forum?

I am not sure if my question is clear but I think I'm going to try my idea... Remove the live/line and see if the ovens still work. If they don't, I will bridge one of the relays and see if it then works. If so great job done. If not, stuck.

Nobody have any ideas about how to hack this dead unit out of the oven? Its getting desperate now, i might need to get an electrician in as my wife is frying everything

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back