Creda gas oven problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello everyone,

I really hope someone can advise me about this!

I have a Creda Express gas cooker, approx. 10 years old and been fine until recently.

Now, when I turn the oven on, the flame ignites but the oven temp does not get any higher.

After speaking to two gas safe engineers, I have had conflicting advice, even though neither of them have actually looked at the oven One actually said it wasn't worth his while to do a home visit but hey ho.

Anyway, one says it's the thermostat and the other one says it's the FSD. It could be both I suppose!

Obviously, not having my oven is a right pain but am wary of ordering parts on recommendation when no physical inspection of the appliance has been carried out plus if it's both parts, this would cost me well over £100 plus the fitting cost.

Can ANYONE please help???

Thank you so much! :)

Sponsored Links
Touch and barge pole comes to mind.

Don't mess with it, if you can't get a gas man out, it's a new one I'm afraid.

Thanks for your reply, these are my thought as well tbh.

Will just have to bite the bullet and buy a new one, just what I don't need with Christmas coming up lol

I just hope I can find en engineer to fit the thing!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back