Creda model 17345E door locked shut

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Creda washer dryer model 17345E which is about 8 years old. The lock on the door seems to be broken and I can't open it - the machine still has clothes in it. Is there any chance I can get the clothes out and can it be repaired or am I better off buying a new washing machine? Thanks.

Sponsored Links
I suggest you call a reapir man out, its actually easy to open, but parts still need to be replaced

On these machines it is usually the pecker assembly that fails and stops you opening the door. REMOVE MAINS PLUG, remove lid, push the drum to the back so you can reach down the front inside, lift the bottom edge of the door switch and the door should pop open. You can now remove your washing.

The pecker assembly is fitted to the motor and has a spring loaded knife edge, linked with the doorswitch, to prevent the door from opening when the drum is turning. There are 3 designs of pecker units and one in particular is prone to falling off the motor, as it's only held on with a spring clip. If this has fallen off it can be fitted back using a cable tie, although you may struggle to see where it goes.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back