creda shower switch problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
creda florida plus shower power switch prob.?
a plumber/friend installed my new creda florida plus shower and all connected up but the power wont stay on unless you keep your finger on the on/off button. any idea why this is happening, will have to call him out again unless its a simple problem like the cover to tight/warped or placed on wrong causing the on off button to press on the switch switching it off all the time....any ideas

(sorry not sure if plumbing or electric forum for this post)

Sponsored Links
Take the cover off and try to turn it on (with the water directed well away of course)

Take the cover off and try to turn it on (with the water directed well away of course)

yeah done that and it all works fine when switch pressed with cover off, it clicks on and off no problem, so its when the cover is put back on the switch wont stay on???

Is its possible the wall isn't quite straight and by tightening the back up tightly, its twisted the whole lot so the front plate doesn't marry up? I know most of the walls in this house are wonky, its a nightmare trying to fit anything to them! :eek:

Try loosening the back mounting screws and do them up just so that the shower isn't loose. If the back doesn't meet the wall it can be packed out with something later.

If this wont work, its a manufacturing fault.

Sponsored Links
thanks for your help, it now seems to work when the bottom screw that attaches the cover on is not screwed on(top 1 is though) seems to be attached ok with the 1 screw at the top but it wont stay on when the bottom screw on cover is on????

so seems ok but is it ok to have just the top screw only holding the cover in place, it does seem to be attached ok and watertight.
will have to do till i can get the plumber back out to remount it on the wall.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back