creeping 'eres' TRVs

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I recently had TRVs installed on our downstairs radiators, but I've noticed that if set at 2 or above they slowly creep upwards on their own, stopping at anywhere between 3 and 4 (different for each one). When I say slowly, it is visible movement, taking between 10-30 seconds. It happens with all 5 of the ones fitted. The brand name on them is 'eres'.

I've spoken to the plumber who fitted them and he has enquired with the distributor who claims they've not heard of this issue before. He has obtained replacement heads for them and is going to replace them all.

However I find it odd that all 5 TRVs would behave in this way, unless there was a systematic fault in the batch these came from? Has anyone got any idea what might be causing this?

Thanks,
Peter.

Sponsored Links
After dusting off my old PKE meter (Ghostbusters reference) I'm convinced that is not the cause! :) Any other ideas?

Pete.

Sponsored Links
cheap crap TRV's.. or excessive pressure in the system pushing the pins up?

I think they are made by 'Altecnic' which seem to be a reasonable brand (at least I can't find hoardes complaining about them on the net!). Is there any way I can test to see if it is excessive pressure without special equipment?

Thanks,
Pete.

I think they are made by 'Altecnic' which seem to be a reasonable brand (at least I can't find hoardes complaining about them on the net!). Is there any way I can test to see if it is excessive pressure without special equipment?

Thanks,
Pete.

i dont think it will be pressure, i was just clutching at straws..

is your system vented i.e tank in loft.

or

sealed i.e pressure gauge.

There's a cold tank in the loft feeding into a hot water tank in an airing cupboard. I've not seen any pressure gauges anywhere.

Thanks,
Pete.

There's a cold tank in the loft feeding into a hot water tank in an airing cupboard. I've not seen any pressure gauges anywhere.

Thanks,
Pete.

thats the cold water storage tank, there should be another one somewhere

Or its a sealed system with a filling loop connected to the cold mains, with a pressure gauge somewhere..poss on the boiler itself?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back