Criminals and the No comment answer

What an interesting thought.

So a controlled market, where goods of dependable purity, quality and strength are sold from licenced premises, by persons who have obtained their personal licences after having a criminal record check, earns taxes for the public purse and does not subsidise organised crime.

Sounds like a good idea.
Are you saying you want legalise cocaine

Sponsored Links
I'm saying I want to reduce organised crime.

Don't you?

And I want to reduce deaths from adulterated goods

Don't you?

And I want to control sales of potentially dangerous materials

Don't you?

Simple, legalise and regulate. Not ideal but better than burying your head in the sand.

Sponsored Links
Legalising drugs is a hot potato, no political party would campaign for it.

But the war on drugs is completely lost.

True tho I think the US will swoop in and siphon off virtually all the profits when the time comes. On the plus side, atm, atleast the many dealers
have a job and money is circulating. I'm only talking about weed btw.

Other countries are generally starting by controlling the market in Cannabis products. I think I heard that's where the majority of drug profits and organised crime are in the USA,

The tobacco companies have the experience and infrastructure in similar products, they might have a head start.

By the time parts of the UK get round to it, there will be a fair amount of knowledge of succesful and unsuccessful ways to transition. Maybe the EU will put in place a framework. That could reduce the profitability and risk of cross-border smuggling between nearby countries. Of course, we would have no input on that, but would end up having to accomodate ourselves to whatever the rules are, since we decided to throw away our votes and our seats on the Council.

I'm saying I want to reduce organised crime.

Don't you?

And I want to reduce deaths from adulterated goods

Don't you?

And I want to control sales of potentially dangerous materials

Don't you?
What about the abuse of prescription drugs, should anyone be allowed to buy or sell them without medical supervision.

since I am proposing that drugs should be legally controlled and sold through regulated channels, your post is irrelevant.

since I am proposing that drugs should be legally controlled and sold through regulated channels, your post is irrelevant.
They are only controlled and regulated while they are in the shop.

Once they leave the shop then they are not regulated or controlled are they.

You are advocating that dangerous drugs that should only be taken under medical supervision should be freely available to anyone who has the money to pay for them.

You are a public health menace.

You are advocating that dangerous drugs that should only be taken under medical supervision should be freely available to anyone who has the money to pay for them.

No, I have not advocated that. Because you are a liar and a troll, you have just made up your ludicrous accusation.

The dogs sense of smell ........Apparently they can detect a quarter of a teaspoon of a substance diluted in an Olympic sized swimming pool !
We can smell of bowl of soup a dog can smell each ingredient.

I was once working at a scientists house he devoloped gas detectors ...he told me how he'd been invited to go to France by some university to help look in to electronic truffle detector research. He explained how the detectors had to differentiate between bacterial gases from the earth/soil and pick up just truffle odours a very difficult task.
They had cards with concentric circles to see how close the detector had to be in the fields before it could detect a truffle it was within a few millimeters. He explained how he'd spent hours in this field with the godfather of truffle hunting when they finished he let his dog loose which ran round the field stopping and putting it's paw on truffles it found in a few minutes it had covered the field and found all the truffles and went off to explore in the hedges. He showed me a signed book by the French truffle godfather with a salutation in the font to this scientist .....the subject of this conversation ended with him remarking on the unbelievable power of a dogs sense of smell.

So this expert on detecting gases electronically was in awe of the ability of a dogs sense of smell. Which gives the lie to Gerry Mcanns dismissive nonsensical approach.

https://www.petfinder.com/helping-pets/animals-and-disaster-relief/disaster-search-rescue-dogs/

Why did the dogs react as they did ?

The Mcanns children were left alone, suppose an accident had befallen madeline and she'd died , choked for instance had this been the case their lives/ careers would have been over, there would have been no defense. What would they do ?

Last edited:
Dogs have a very different awareness of their environment to humans.

My dog often can sense a dog going past in the street despite not being able to see out of the window.

When out for a walk she often senses another dog before it comes into view.

What I find fascinating is dofs that can be trained to give an early warning of somebody about to have a fit.

And they are being trained to smell cancer -long before it can be detected any other way.

No, I have not advocated that. Because you are a liar and a troll, you have just made up your ludicrous accusation.
Don't you read you own posts, you are advocating that drugs should be legally controlled and sold through regulated channels.
Which drugs are you referring to?

Your theory that legalising drugs will eliminate organised crime is false.

Prescription drugs are already legally controlled and available through regulated channels.

The abuse of prescription drugs is a growing threat, organised crime is heavily involved in the supply and distribution of prescription drugs which either have been illegally imported or supplied by corrupt pharmacists.

Your problem is that you don't understand what the problem actually is.

Sponsored Links
Back