Crocodiling Paint in the bathroom

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, I painted my bathroom quite a few years ago with what I believe is silk paint (it was fairly shiny), I then painted it over with matt paint a couple of years later. It has been painted again since then with each time the paint cracking causing the original silk paint to be visible (its pink and very easy to spot).

The bathroom looks quite a state now, I have now realised Im going to have to do the job properly so the paint doesnt crack again.

What can I do now to get the surface back to the silk paint and start again? Or is there something I can do to with the matt paint so that I can paint over it without it cracking again?

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the link! So it seems I would have to sand down the two coats of matt to bring it down to the matt paint & then sand the shine off of the silk paint then use peel stop? Can I ask what the best grade of sandpaper would be to use? Thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back