Painting a Nursery...Help please!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone...ok so I have to change a room from Blue to Pink :D

Basically it is painted in a Royal Blue and I firstly need to paint the whole room White so that the Blue won't interfere with Baby Pink. I am planning on leaving the ceiling and about 2ft of the wall White then the rest Pink and putting up a border to separate.

I want to use Silk paint for ease in washing the wall...so, my question is...Can I use White Silk as an undercoat for the whole room and then paint what I mentioned under the border in Pink Silk? Or, do I need to paint the room in White Matt then go over the ceiling and 2ft of wall in White Silk and the rest in Pink Silk?

Urgghh so sorry if this is confusing, any help is appreciated!!

Sponsored Links
I think you'll find that most of the guys on here would use matt paint as a base paint/undercoat, on ceiling and walls, and then use the silk emulsion.

If you have a silk emulsion or any shiny surface already on the walls then you will first need to abrade the walls with around 180 grit paper to provide a key for your new paint system.

Then give them one coat of Contract emulsion, when dry you would be ok to continue.

Dec.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back