ceiling - 4 to 5 coats of white silk over old pink paint!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I'm currently painting my mums lounge which has walls and ceiling all in a salmon pink paint.
I have started the ceiling with dulux luxurious silk brilliant white, but it has already had 4 coats and still needs another!
To save me having to paint the walls with 5 coats, can anyone recommend a paint I can use as an undercoat in white which will reduce the number of buttermilk silk dulux finishing coats?
I thought just buy a cheap homebase own white paint, but then I thought one coat dulux white paint may cover better before the final coat.. please advise... (I'll be buying the paint from homebase)

Sponsored Links
No point in using cheap **** its a false economy..normally matt is the better paint at covering but it can crack when applied over silk..

Try soft sheen..its a happy medium

Zampa... if Derek Acorah won the lottery.... would he be a Happy Medium :?:

Sponsored Links
Behave yourself nige!!.....thats worse than my 'painter covered in gold paint, had a gilt complex' joke!!

:LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back