Final coat paint reccomendation?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
So I gather form this great site that new plasterboard/skim is best painted with
Dulux Trade Supermatt.

Question is, having done mist coat, & first coats with Supermatt what would you recommend for the final coat?

I want white matt for ceiling and silk for the walls for kitchen & resistance to dirt.

Is Dulux Trade Supermatt recommended for final coat?

Thanks for any tips.

Sponsored Links
Matt is ok for ceilings yet for kitchens and bathroom ceilings and walls you would be better using Silk or Eggshell paints.

Dec

Matt is fine for the ceiling. Dulux is a good brand. Mid sheen or vinyl silk for the walls. Be careful not to take a break before finishing a wall or to be too slow when using mid sheen or vinyl silk. If part of the wall dries out before you've finished painting it, it will 'flash', or show up like a shadow from certain angles. Same applies to any filling done on the wall. 'Touch the filling up' first with matt to flatten them completely before coating the walls with the silk/sheen.

Sponsored Links
Two very good posts there. I wouldn't use supermatt as a final coat on anything, gets grubby really quick and difficult to clean without marking. As thedec says eggshell is the best bet and silk is fine just personaly don't like silk emulsion. I like dulux diamond eggshell, some don't but its always done the job nicely for me.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back