Diamond Matt over Supermatt?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have to paint the new house as soon as possible and with all these thngs the budget is getting squeezed. After much reading on here I have decided to use Dulux Trade.

Anyway to keep costs down I was thinking of painting the new skimmed walls with a Supermatt mist coat and possibly first coat followed by Diamond Matt top coat.

Is the price difference of Diamond Matt worth it over Vinyl Matt?

Should I just leave the ceilings as Supermatt?

Should I leave low impact walls as supermatt or stick to Diamond or Vinyl Matt throughout?

I haven't painted in years and my head hurts before I even start.

Thoughts greatly appreciated.

Sponsored Links
A mist coat with Supermatt is ideal and you can finish the ceilings with it as well. If you go this way, you can water down the finishing coats a little as well (10-15%).

IMO, Diamond is worth the extra money for finishing the walls as it is much more hard-wearing and resists some household stains far better than vinyl.

Be aware that Supermatt and Diamond Matt will give a slightly different finish so doing some walls/ceiling differently may make this more noticeable.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back