Properly matt paint

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I'm in the middle of redecorating the whole house, and have been mist-coating the fresh plaster with Dulux Supermatt White, which gives amazing coverage. In one room, I've used that as the top coats, too, 'cos the plaster was still a bit fresh.

Now I'm painting other rooms where the plaster is fully dried-out, and I'm using a Supermatt mist coat, followed by 2 coats of regular Dulux Vinyl Matt White. The problem is, I'm not liking the slight sheen off the Vinyl Matt, and after the Supermatt it looks a bit like silk!

Obviously I don't want to top coat everywhere with Supermatt, 'cos its quite chalky and won't be durable enough. Does anyone know how durable Dulux Flat Matt would be relative to regular Vinyl Matt?

Thanks,

Dave

Sponsored Links
Hi,

Thanks for that - will the diamond matt not have at least as much sheen, if not more than the vinyl matt?

Thanks,

Dave

A really good durable total matt paint is the cheapo German brand Baufix from Lidl.

Sponsored Links
I used it just last week and bought some more the other day.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back