Cromar breathable membrane help please

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys

We are having a new roof installed and we have had a cromar roof lining membrane installed. Originally the inside of the membrane was slightly damp to touch which I put down to condensation. Now with the recent rain water literally comes through it in the form of droplets ( the roof is only partly tiled ) When you tap it water just drips onto the floor below as a sheet of water. The sections that have been tiled are completely dry

My question is are these membranes meant to be water proof because ours is definitely not. Does any one have any experience of this?

Sponsored Links
Water resistant, There are some better than others and cant be judged by cost or branding.
Once the tiles are on itll be ok

The cheap membranes are like glorified tissue paper compared too
the more expensive membranes, I use the pro-tec VP400 LR

Sponsored Links
Procter roof shield is all I use unless client buys different!! Might be dearer but never had a problem with it

I think everyone has their favourite, Mine is Klober permo Forte.. How ever there are some less expensive ones that perform extremely well better than some of the BEST known...
I still think high cost doesn't mean best.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back