cross cut papaer shredder

B

breezer

any one got a cross cut paper shredder? reason i ask is mine is almost useless, (struggles with tissue paper) and i want to get a new one, and as recomendations are always good........................

Sponsored Links
Thing is breezer, forget what they say in the instructions. If it says it'll mince 5 sheets plus staples, don't do it. Put em through 1 at a time and leave the metalwork out.

They last a lot longer that way.

I know paper shredding technology has come on in the last few years, but I thought I'd do myself a favour first time round buying a straight cut paper shredder (good brand) which lasted 18 months. So now I have bought a Tesco cross cut shredder from the Extra stores (model 600 CM).

Quite good, although the old machine had a beam activation, and this one has a microswitch which is a bit tricky to trip with thin paper. Apart from that it was very good for the price (£9,99 I think).

I suppose you can't really go wrong for a tenner. If you look at it this way, it makes sense:

The old one cost 39.99 and lasted 18m. If the new one costs a tenner and lasts a year (even if it breaks I've got 12m warranty), then I'm quids in.

Or not, as I've lost the original investment of 40 quid. Oh, well.

I bought one from WH Smith about a year ago. It was their own brand - Level 5 (I think) - well it is the cross cut one.

Cost around £25 and will cut upto around 5 sheets. It also has a shredder for old credit cards.

Still going strong after regular use :)

Sponsored Links
Back