Crossed thread - how long before LS-X has water pressure on

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All

I've just gone to swap out an old rad valve for a new one, and found a problem with the rad's thread (tail's thread looks in bad nick).

So, I tried to, ah hrm, re-cut it/reform it with a thing I found made of black steel and now I've tried the new tail in the rad's thread and it's better than a hole in the head now.

I've used a fair amount of PTFE tape on the tail thread and put a bit of LS-X near the outside end of thread for for good measure. Has anyone used LS-X and then exposed it to water before the 2 hours Fernox specify?
Thanks

Sponsored Links
Impatient, huh kiljoy. I thought I might get away with half an hour or something. But seriously, thanks mate, I needed you to pull me up.
Yup, no heating or hot water tonight then... My wife will say it's OK we'll boil up some water and have a bath that way, but I know what she'll really thinking, oh yes I know : -)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back