Crud around shower and taps?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Having just renovated my bathroom I'm keeping a close eye for leaks etc :D so far so good, but I have noticed a buildup of odd crispy type crud around the shower valve controls (the underside, where water would drip off after a shower) and also around the shower head itself, where the holes are.

Is this limescale?

I have checked elsewhere throughout the house and can't find evidence of this stuff, it only seems to be focused around the shower.

Having just spent a fortune on purchasing and then installing my new Triton shower valve, I'm anxious that this crud might buildup inside and block it up - is there an inline water filter that I can install?

Sponsored Links
a regular clean with a limescale remover will keep them clean, i used to use viakal after most showers.

you could fit a couple of inline magnetic inhibitors like the limebeater

a regular clean with a limescale remover will keep them clean, i used to use viakal after most showers.

you could fit a couple of inline magnetic inhibitors like the limebeater

Thanks for your reply - few questions:

- Would I fit these in the hot (Combi Boiler) and cold supply?
- Do they cause a drop in pressure at all?
- Do they require replacing or servicing at certain intervals?
- Do you fit them before the appliance in question or at the soonest supply into the house?

How about these and if so, which one?

https://supreme1.sslpowered.com/cgi...op/Water_Treatment/SCALEMASTER.txt&item=00001

https://supreme1.sslpowered.com/cgi...op/Water_Treatment/SCALEMASTER.txt&item=00006

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back