CS Lewis a little light philosophy

Sponsored Links
You been reading the bible again......Newsflash,, its nonsense!!!...

Your quite wrong, time and again it's been proved to be accurate and correct.
Ok take away the miraculous aspect for a moment .....what are we left with ?

An accurate historical record that confirmed time and time again with archelogical discoveries.
Now you may not like that and it's an anathema to your perceived view of the world but that doesn't make it wrong and you right.
The FACTS do not support your view. Many years ago a friend gave me a book entitled why a scientist believes the bible.
It more or less proved it was true and accurate.

The real humdinger is this one by J.J. Blunt referred to here ~
https://biblicalstudies.org.uk/blog/blunts-undesigned-coincidences/

Blunt had what today we would call a photographic memory and he realised by cross referencing seemingly unrelated accounts they proved it was an accurate record the was no other explanation. You can download blunts book as pdf and by modern standards it's rather verbose nevertheless having read it I can attest to it having an astonishing depth of insight !

The thing is if it's accurate and so true what about its prophecies and warnings ?

Creationism, how cute. Where do you stand on Triceratops, did ancient man ride them like horses?

Sponsored Links
When one person is deluded it is called madness. When a large number of people are deluded it is called religion (opinion courtesy of Richard Dawkins.....his book The God Delusion is a cracking read).

Religion is a control device. Leaders of religions gain money, sex and power (in various permutations).

I am with Stephen Hawking on religion. He opined that religion is mankinds way of explaining why we are here.

I have worked with fundamentalist christians over the years and have found them to generally have personality disorders, be sociopaths and/or bullies.

You been reading the bible again......Newsflash,, its nonsense!!!...
The bit where all the Israeli slaves of Egypt escaped and the emperor and most of his army were drowned was a particularly good bit. I mean the book was good, imaginative, compelling plot and so on, the film was pretty rubbish despite having Batman in it.

When one person is deluded it is called madness. When a large number of people are deluded it is called religion (opinion courtesy of Richard Dawkins.....his book The God Delusion is a cracking read).

Religion is a control device. Leaders of religions gain money, sex and power (in various permutations).

I am with Stephen Hawking on religion. He opined that religion is mankinds way of explaining why we are here.

I have worked with fundamentalist christians over the years and have found them to generally have personality disorders, be sociopaths and/or bullies.
When people stop believing in something they will believe in anything.
Millions of Russians died in the name of an athiestic ideology called communism.

When people stop believing in something they will believe in anything.
Millions of Russians died in the name of an athiestic ideology called communism.
Millions of Spanish died in an ideology called democracy.
Millions of Indians died in Churchill's belief in denying food to a potentially invading army.
Millions of native Indians died in the West's desire for control of land.
Millions of Aboriginals died in UK's desire for domination.
Millions of Africans died...
Millions of East Asians died.....
Millions of Jews died......
etc, etc.

Good reply Dazzler. What Vinty fails to grasp is that the millions who died under communism.....and the millions who died in China under the same.....had nothing to do with lack of religious belief. Stalin and Mao-Tse-Tung were both psychopaths, the latter more so. During the Cultural Revolution Mao issued steel tipped clubs to children to batter their parents to death with. Then there's Pol-Pot, the Tsars before communism....the list goes on. One last reference to Russia: to control such a large land mass you need to terrorise the population. That's what the Tsars grasped and so did the communist leaders.

I am with Stephen Hawking on religion. He opined that religion is mankinds way of explaining why we are here
Hardly a very profound insight by Hawking.
Ordinary people make the same observation all the time.
Until science can explain the reason we are here, then religious belief will continue.

Not much different to today's woke generation then

Sponsored Links
Back