CTek charger

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have done a search, but not quite found the answer I'm seeking.

I have purchased a CTEK MXS 5.0 with a view to keeping my 110ah leisure battery at full capacity as it's installed in my home, in conjunction with an inverter, as an off-grid back-up for our heating boiler.
I was advised by the retailer (Tanya) that it's perfectly OK to leave the CTEK permanently charging/conditioning the battery. Any thought folks ?

nb. the cupboard containing the equipment is ventilated.

Sponsored Links
I have done a search, but not quite found the answer I'm seeking.

I have purchased a CTEK MXS 5.0 with a view to keeping my 110ah leisure battery at full capacity as it's installed in my home, in conjunction with an inverter, as an off-grid back-up for our heating boiler.
I was advised by the retailer (Tanya) that it's perfectly OK to leave the CTEK permanently charging/conditioning the battery. Any thought folks ?

nb. the cupboard containing the equipment is ventilated.
Yep. Perfectly acceptable. I used to use mine to keep my touring motorcycle battery topped up during winter when it wasn’t being used for months on end. Many people with little used classic cars use them too.

Last edited:
Had one on my classic, no problem. Worth shutting it off now and again just to “exercise“ the battery.

Sponsored Links
+1 for the above. The Cetek is a very nice piece of kit and with a battery that size, it will automatically drop its charging current as the battery gets full, so you won't "cook" it.

Yes. I can confirm that I too have that bit of kit. I too bought it from Tanya for my leisure battery and it is indeed OK to leave it permanently connected.

Very good charger and it has a conditioning mode where it will bring back batteries from the dead. It needs to have 2V to start the conditioning, though. My old car battery had 1.2V, so I warmed it up with a hairdryer until it showed 2V, then it reconditioned beautifully.

Back