Curtain pole keeps coming loose

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Not sure if this is the correct forum, but...

A couple of years ago we put up a curtain pole at my mums place. The curtain pole hangers have come loose twice and each time I drilled new holes, assuming I'd done it wrong the first time.

They're falling out of the wall again. I can tell you that the plasterboard is quite thick, at least the length of a red/brown wall plug. There's a tiny gap (less than 1cm) between plasterboard and solid brick/lentil. Clearly the plasterboard isn't strong enough to support the curtain so I've tried drilling in to (what I assume to be) the lentil above the window but it's far too hard (and I'm not sure I'd feel comfortable doing so).

I've seen it suggested that I take a length of wood, use some no more nails to secure it to the wall then screw the rail in to the wood but I don't think she'd like another bit of wood on the wall really.

Any suggestions? :)

---

0598edc4.jpg

5f135941.jpg

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back