Curtain Track Cord .... Keeps Breaking

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
In the living room I have a pair of curtains on a track in a bay window with a 30deg bend in them ... the one of the left keeps breaking. It's really annoying.
Anyone have any ideas?
Almost immediately I put it up, the cord seems to get wrapped round one of the sliders and becomes very difficult to open and close and then after a few months snap.
I don't know what I am doing wrong or why the other one seems fine (although I use that one less).
Whenever I look at the mechanism I always think ... because the cord and the sliders are in the same channel there is no hope of a solution, the design is just idiotic and asking for the cord to wrap round the sliders ... there is no solving this with this kind of track design.
Any ideas anyone?

that track set came from John Lewis once upon a time

Sponsored Links
Because the cord and sliders are in the same channel the cord should always be under some tension so did it come with a weight

Have you tried spraying silicone in to the channel to help the nylon fittings glide?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back