Where to find curtain tracks with single pull cord

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Some of my curtain tracks (Swish, and other similar brands) need replacing after about 25 years due to plastic getting brittle with age. They're generally about 2.5m long, with a single cord pulling both curtains together.

Both on the internet and in my local diy stores I've been unable to find anything that length. They all come in two pieces (not a real problem in itelf), but with a joiner that make it impossible to use them with a single cord instead of the two separate ones that are provided. I got one of John Lewis' own brand, which looked promising, but even if I remove the little pulleys off the joiner, it's difficult to pass the cord through to the other end to make it into a single-cord closure.

Any ideas where I can get 2.5m tracks that are designed to be used with a single cord, at reasonable price please?

Sponsored Links
I never saw that info before, but I've found it now "hidden" in a drop-down information window in their buying guide.

They must have changed their specs., for I've got one of their 2.5m aluminium (I think) tracks, bought about a year ago, and it comes in two pieces with a joiner and two separate cords. The joiner is too big to allow me to re-thread it with a single cord. Looks like I need to check them out again. Thanks for the info foxhole.

Sponsored Links
Just got round to ordering the tracks and, based on previous experience, I phoned John Lewis first. They say that the web site is wrong, and even their current 2.5m corded tracks are in two pieces with two cords :(

I see now that there's more results from my Google search than there were last time I looked, but none of them seem to say whether they're one-piece or two. I've emailed Swish to check with them.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back