Curtain track external pulley

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm fitting a swish corded track into a bay. The plastic type with the roller gliders.

http://www.dunelm.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/en/dunelm/product/superluxe-corded-track-1000026096

The previous non-corded track, curved round in the bay, and then came out round an external corner so that the track was flush with the wall that the bay itself was set into. If that makes sense!
This meant that when curtains are open they sit against the wall and not in the bay, so more light is let in (and it looks much neater)

The internal corners are gentle enough for smooth operation, but the external one means that the cord would come out of the back of the track and try and cut into the corner of the wall.

Does anyone know of a retainer to keep the cord within the track, ideally with a moving part to reduce friction, or a very small pulley than could be fitted to the corner so the the cord runs over it.
Essentially like a tiny version of the Hozelock corner rollers that fit to an external corner.

https://www.wigleydiy.co.uk/hzk-hos...n1seMLHJczQieOrjj-J7MF2xueM6RP2xoCTyUQAvD_BwE

Sponsored Links
The curve should not be accute enough to cause any problems , hair dryer can be used to soften track to allow correct fitting.

This is an external curve.
I don't think it's gonna go as the gliders run in the same channel as the cord, so the cord being pulled out will foul the rollers on the gliders.

I might have to add a small curved extension track on the other side of the cord pulley unit and extend the end of the curtain round the corner, but the curtain won't clear the windows as I'd hoped.

Sponsored Links
Last resort I'll bin the cord and pulley and leave it as manual operation.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back