Curtain trouble

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Moved into new home not long ago and brought my curtains and poles. I managed to get away with just using adhesive pads with hooks on them to hang the really light curtains that the children have in their bedrooms but I had brought something a bit heavier and ring top for the lounge and dining room. The problem is above the windows you simply cannot drill into it properly. We asked one of the neighbours and he said all the other homes have ceiling mounted tracks/poles in them as its impossible to drill into those outside walls and we should have them too so the last tenant must have taken them.

So now I have curtains and poles but can't hang them. Any ideas of where I can get cheap ceiling mounted brackets from as I can't really afford much and to re buy curtains that I have just spent a fortune on isn't on the cards (windows are really wide so already had to buy two pairs just for the living room alone).

Sponsored Links
My curtains are fitted to the ceiling in one room, it uses the same fitting as used on the wall in the other rooms.
If you cant drill into the wall, you are either hitting a stone within concrete or you have hit steel.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back