Ceiling mounted curtain pole problems?!! help!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've recently redecorated bedroom 1, and now want to remove existing net curtains, and fit a new curtain pole around the bay window. Only problem ive got is i've got nothing to fix the curtain pole brackets to the wall, and it looks to me as though the only way i can do it is to attach the pole fixings to the ceiling?

The previous owners mounted the curtain pole along the flat wall in-front of the bay window, which isn't what we want to do as i think it makes the room appear smaller.

As per pics, i cant mount the brackets on the UPVC frame as there isn't enough room, but the ceiling about the bay window appears to be hollow, and i'm just worried about the pole fixings not being able to grip onto anything when i plug and screw?

Any help much appreciated.

I also cant seem to find 'ceiling' fixings for a curtain pole?! b&q=no, homebase=no, wickes=no, screwfix=no.?????

pictures: (bin liners are there to block light when in bed)

[/img]

Sponsored Links
Have a look for plasterboard fixings.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back