Curved doors

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there,

I recently moved house and while the general condition is very good I am having some things to fix.

Probably on the top of the priorities is that some of the doors are curved and they do not close properly. The frame seams to be straight so I think the issue is only on the doors.

I have 2 doubts where I need help:

- What could have caused this? Just to fix the root cause
- Is it possible to straighten the doors?

thanks

Sponsored Links
Questions:eek:ld ,new,flush,paneled,internal ,external,paint,wax,have they ever had overlaid panels added or beads door frames liners or casings
post some pic's would help.

Hi Harbourwoodwork

I think they are the original doors so about 25 years old and all the doors I have this issue with are internals.

I do not know too much else about other work done as I moved this house 5 month ago only. I haven't done anything on my side.

please see below some pictures that I hope it can help. I think in one of them is easy too see the door is curved on the top.

The top picture is definitely a warped door unusually these doors should be stable ,It looks like hollow core pressed hard board faced,although two things occur to me, the room at the back is a bathroom ,does it have extraction this could be part of the problem ,the second pic shows the door doesn't look very well hung which won't make the door warp but it may have never fitted well

Sponsored Links
The top picture is definitely a warped door unusually these doors should be stable ,It looks like hollow core pressed hard board faced,although two things occur to me, the room at the back is a bathroom ,does it have extraction this could be part of the problem ,the second pic shows the door doesn't look very well hung which won't make the door warp but it may have never fitted well

yes the back room is a bathroom and has a window but obviously I do not know how well it was ventilated. Furthermore the issue happen in other doors like bedrooms where this should be a less issue.

Regarding the second picture, it is true but I think that is mainly because it is curved although this could be the cause.

My main worry would be if there is some structural movement in the house as many doors have this issue. Survey was OK and I do not notice anything bad.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back