Cushion flooring step trim?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
I've removed the laminate flooring in the kitchen as we are doing the kitchen up and would like to fit vinyl cushion flooring, the subfloor is concrete, the kitchen is lower then the lounge and as such when entering the kitchen there is a single concrete step, I was planning on vinyl flooring this step with the same piece I'm going to do the flor without cutting it however I'm not sure if this is the best way, would I be better cutting it on the corner of the step and using some kind of trim? If so what type of trim is it I need to use, we are going for a black slate effect only so something that blends into that would be needed if using trim

Sponsored Links
Are you laying direct on the concrete?
When they did mine, the guy used a flooring compound skimmed over
You could use this to minimise the step

Sponsored Links
IMG_0877.JPG
Tigerclubrider, when I say step I mean a single stair rather than a small change in floor levels, see picture. What would you suggest foxhole with the above picture then?

Ah!
I read it as a slight step, rather than a proper one.

If it was me I'd cut the material and use a nosing and trim
If worried about it wearing on the step, save some material to use as a replacement

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back