Cushion Floor

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm getting some cushion floor laid in a study. I went for a more expensive one which is a lot thicker than the cheaper ones. The guy at the shop said that if I used a chair in the office it would leave indents. I have cushion floor in my kitchen with no problems with my table and chairs. Just wondering if there is anything I can use to prevent any indents using a chair with wheels? Seems kind of pointless having cushion floor if you can use a bleeding chair on it!

Sponsored Links
Got it laid seems strong stuff way better than laminate IMO

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    96.3 KB · Views: 104
You need wheel castor protectors, but they'd make the chair more difficult to move. Your kitchen chairs have a wide base, so a low pound per square inch pressure. The wheels on chairs have a much smaller surface area, so have a greater pressure under them.

Sponsored Links
You can get desk mats that will protect the floor, just be aware that coloured ones may discolour the vinyl. If it's a looselaid vinyl, the wheeled casters will stretch the vinyl with use without protection. The thicker the vinyl, the more susceptable to pressure it will be, thickness does not indicate greater wear, it does indicate greater comfort.

Personally I would recommend decent laminate in an area as described, much tougher and no risk of stretching and very limited denting.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back