Cut Roofing Sheet in Half

Sponsored Links
safe cheap easy not doable with any accuracy
you could try a 22" saw and go round all edges perhaps 50mm deep then cut all corners at perhaps 45% untill the blade tip disappears----at that point you have no idea what the blade is doing so further cutting is wait and see
Alternatively cut down to 500 mm in width and again go round 50mm deep 'corners again then alternate side perhaps 100mm to bring each side back on line as best you can
i have cut small bits easily where you can see the full blade width quite accurately

Last edited:
The answer is a hedge trimmer. But thanks for all your ideas anyway.

Sponsored Links
I've found I can rip most softer insulated sheets or batting, e.g. Cellotex, Kingspan, mineral wool, sheeps wool, etc with an insulation knife (try Stubai), but the depth limit on mine us about 250mm. Bahco do sell a 500mm (?) insulation saw with a wavy edge which could do it as well (giving maybe 900 to 950mm total width). I have the Bahco, but rarely use it as the Stubai is great for stuff like mineral wool batting. TBH, neither is ideal and the results from either won't be pretty

If I had hundreds to do, I'd adapt a band saw and make a jig.. but then again, what insulative/structural use is 25mm of insulation with one side tin?

Better to put more cash into buying more sheets and use them as is or doubled up..

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back