cut round pipe and replace with iso valve

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
This pipe leads to the inlet to the toilet.
I need to cut the pipe off so that I can replace it with a flexible pipe (w. iso valve) only it is a bit difficult to get to the pipe as it is on close proximity to the wall.
Alternatively, if I could find a short flexible pipe I suppose I could just use that instead...only they all seem to be at least 30cm long.

100_1332.JPG

100_1331.JPG
[/img]

Sponsored Links
actually, that will work with the 30 so I'll try that.
BTW, this bit here:

100_1333.JPG

seems to be hard to get loose. I assume it's a compression fit?
The new flexible pipe has a compression fit to go round a 15mm copper pipe but I'll have to take this nut off first won't I ?

It certainly looks like a compression fitting....

First of all, check the old fitting has the same thread as your new fitting. Some fittings used a different thread :( (BSB instead of BSP IIRC)

If it does have a different thread, you may need to salvage a tail from the part you removed to fit your new flexi to.

Sponsored Links
Right managed to remove this and attach the new flexi.
All seems fine and the iso valve works correctly.

There was a sort of raised bulb on the copper pipe a few mm down from its cut end, which meant that I couldn't push the nut further down the pipe than that point. Any problems with this?

Like I say, it seems to be working fine, I was just worried about clearance and how much of the pipe the olive is covering (although when I put it on the top of the olive was level with the top of the pipe).

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back