Cutting a slither using a score and snap cutter...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

Is it possible to cut say 5mm off the edge of a tile with a score and snap cutter? I always really struggle not to break the tile and end up using the wheel cutter?

Cheers :)

Sponsored Links
I'd use the wet wheel cutter, or even the nibble it away. You'll struggle to cut a small piece of tile, (5,10mm) with a score and snap cutter.

Is it possible to cut say 5mm off the edge of a tile with a score and snap cutter? I always really struggle not to break the tile and end up using the wheel one :confused: ?
20mm yes & even 15mm ish, depending on the type/size of tiles & the cutter your using but not 5mm. But if you’ve got a diamond wet wheel cutter, why on earth are you trying to snap 5mm off with a manual tile cutter!

You can score & “nibble it” but it will look like a rats been gnawing at it if it's on show.

Sponsored Links
1, wet cutter
2, grinder with diamond tipped blade
3, score, nibble then file to clean snapped edge up

jimmy...come on ma SIGMA"s can get 10mm no probs...but again this cutter aint for p o o f s ...lol :p

Dinnit want to burst ya bubble Davie mate but my Rubi will do 10mm slivers as well, but i dont think the op has a good Rubi or an outdated Sigma :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: , think its just the oldies who use Sigmas now, but TBH Sigmas are defo in a class of their own mate

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back