Cutting aluminium venetian blind and slats

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Does any one know if there is a video on how to cut venetian blinds to size,i did a search on youtube but could not find one,i bought a slat cutter and a hack saw just not sure how to do ,its not in the instructions thanks.

Sponsored Links
Does any one know if there is a video on how to cut venetian blinds to size,i did a search on youtube but could not find one,i bought a slat cutter and a hack saw just not sure how to do ,its not in the instructions thanks.

Might help...

Thanks for that but it only shows cutting the top of the blind.

There should be a measuring gauge which you set to the required amount to be cut off. You the put each slat individually into the cutter and press down the lever just like a hole punch and this should give you a nice clean rounded cut. I emphasise the word should because the first one I used seemed to have a mind of it's own to begin with but after a few cuts it worked fine (probably me!). Don't be tempted to do more than one at a time as the cutter will just bend the slats.

The header will need to be cut with the hacksaw but remember that both it, and each slat, should have equal amounts taken off each end otherwise the strings holding everything together won't be centralised and can cause the blind to be lopsided.

Expect it to take a little while if the blind has a large drop. :(

Sponsored Links
I fitted some metalic venitian blinds blands many years ago. I trimmed each slat with a pair of scissors and beveled the edges. It can take a long time though. My blinds are made of thin metal. This won't work for thicker blinds or wood blinds however

Why not just order on the right size from Tinternet and send that one back to Argos?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back