Cutting apertures in Granite worktop

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Does anybody know of a person/company, in the midlands, that will cut the apertures for hob & sink in granite (or marble) worktops? I also need a broken part repaired. I have contacted people who make the worktops for kitchen suppliers and they don't want to do it because "it's not their material".
One of them told me that they are not happy that people are buying cheap granite on the internet and then expect them to do the cutting and assembling work for them. So he blatantly told me he would rip me off and charge me as if he was supplying the worktops as well.

Alternatively, what kind of trader should I look for?

Sponsored Links
The only local guy who would cut 2 apertures in the granite for a rip off price of £500 thought that he had me by the short and curlies as there was no one else who would do it and there was no way I could do it myself.

So I got an angle grinder, a diamond cutting wheel and a round drill cutter. I drilled round holes in the corners, stuck wood guides along the edges to be cut and cut them with the angle grinder. Perfect job. That's how much I depended on this expert who knew the 'mystery' of how to cut apertures in granite tops.

Youtube has a number of videos showing you how to cut the apertures.

Sponsored Links
good to know..

I was thinking more along the lines of headstone makers rather than church repairers...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back