Kitchen Worktops

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Evening all,

Looking for some advise as thinking of changing the kitchen worktop with new appliances. Already bought all the appliances (hood, gas hob, oven)

At the moment the height of the worktop is around 30mm.

Requirements - square shaped kitchen worktops

Left: 1230mm (no cut-outs required)
Front: 2480mm with 4 burner gas hob cut-out
Right: 1890mm with 1 + 1/2 bowl sink
rear: 1525mm (no cut-outs required)

Looking for Matt black worktop lot of options in 40mm, do I need to redo the tiles if I go for 40mm or Is it advisable to buy 30mm worktops to keep the cost down?

Quite like this on the following URL:

http://wilsonartworktops.co.uk/index.php?route=product/product&path=59_65&product_id=50

Experts: how much I have to pay for labour in west midlands? What sort of questions should I ask prospective suppliers, and what materials and types to consider / avoid?

Many thanks.

Sponsored Links
You may be able to keep tiles , depends on the installer of the worktop.
Get three quotes, you expect to pay whatever the best quote is, keep clear of those asking for money up front.

You may be able to keep tiles , depends on the installer of the worktop.
Get three quotes, you expect to pay whatever the best quote is, keep clear of those asking for money up front.

Thanks mate,

How much I have to pay for labour in west midlands? What materials and types to consider / avoid?

Sponsored Links
Found a guy who said he would be able to keep the tiles and fit the new worktop which is 40mm in height.

Currently I have white coloured worktop with white appliances. Now I am going for "Midnight Granite Matt" worktop (url below) with stainless steel appliances.

http://wilsonartworktops.co.uk/index.php?route=product/product&path=59_65&product_id=50

I have not gone for gloss worktop which is more likely to get scratched.

I know it is personal choice but hopefully I am not doing mistake in choosing the black colour which is hard to maintain. It is not jet black though.

Please suggest. Has anybody here fitted "Midnight Granite Matt" worktop?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back