Reasonable quote for kitchen worktops, fitted

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Evening all :)

Seems the most logical part of the site to ask such a question, but forgive me if it is better suited elsewhere.

U shaped kitchen worktops required, fitted.

3200mm leg, 3200mm leg, 1800mm leg. 1 1/2 bowl sink and drainer cut-out in first, 4 burner gas hob cut-out in second. Third leg no cut-outs required.

600mm deep, with 75mm upstands required.

Quartz of some shade looks nice, but SWMBO may faint at cost, so perhaps some form of (laminate / composite?)

On top of ball-park figures, what sort of questions should I ask prospective suppliers, and what materials and types to consider / avoid?

Many thanks, in anticipation
:)

Sponsored Links
Earthstone is a good material. More expensive than chipboard but less than solid stone. Can be worked using normal woodwork tools with good results. Have a look at their website.

Q What length their tops come in! a lot of top's come in 3M avoid butt joint's in the length ,It's probably just a bit of internet shopping needed its all out there,I made a woodwen worktop that was that long I had a job getting it out of the workshop

Good point harbour - measurements that I gave are along outside walls, so 3200mm leg is actually a bit over 2600mm, with the remainder made up of the 600mm depth of the next piece. If that makes sense.

Sponsored Links
I fitted a new kitchen in the last house me and the ex wife lived in. I needed a 4m length of worktop for one run and off that only needed a 2m length. Worktops the missus chose, only came in 4.2m lengths. Supplier wasn't prepared to cut one, so ended up buying two 4.2m lengths. She then complained that I'd ordered far too much worktop. (mind you when I did the bathroom and ordered new floor boards, she moaned for weeks because I had 1 length left over) ;) ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back