Cutting in

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi ~guys.....
Ive started to paint on to freshly dried out plaster, ive white washed it and let that dry. Now i want to paint the ceiling white, and two adjacent walls different colours so ive got 3 colours meeting in one corner....
The thing is is the cutting in which is proving tricky, keep getting some grey on the ceiling or blue onto the grey wall.
Know its probably just about technique but any advice would be appreciated..

Thanks

Sponsored Links
For cutting in, the bigger the brush the better and definitely not the cheap black bristles.

Paint the lighter colour first and actually go onto the other surface by about an inch. Then cutting in on the darker colour.

Paint ceiling first then I use a shield to cut in, made by cutting a 10ltr paint tin lid in half.Works a treat.

Sponsored Links
Cutting is is easy, if you've been painting for 30 odd years.

I've not tried one, but you can buy cutting in angled brushes. For slow, but very accurate cutting a 20-25mm sash brush works for some.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back