cutting large format tiles

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Am currently working with 600x600 porcelin tiles,have tried using a manual cutter on them but they wont break cleanly,tried scoring them several times too.Have ended up cutting all the cuts so far with the wet saw.Anyone have any other method to help me speed things along please?

Sponsored Links
Which manual cutter are you using?

What's wrong with the wet saw?

Have tried a tile right manual and a rubi,the wet saw just takes so long (even with a new blade),every tile that I have put up so far has needed cutting (due to the pipework for toilet,sink,shower and around window)
I have 2 bathrooms to do and a clockroom.
There is another tiler on site laying a travetine floor in the kitchen with many more years experince that me and he was surprised at how tough these tile are :(

Fair play, but which Rubi, and which wet saw blade?

It might turn out that there is no better method than your current one - some jobs are like that. :(

Sponsored Links
They are vitrified apparently,the other tiler had a huge dewalt saw with him today as he was doing his cuts and was kind enough to let me use it.
It cut through them like they were butter :eek: I was well impressed :D looks like I will need to make an investment in something similar a great piece of kit and fun to play with too ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back