CW Tank to HW Tank minimum distance

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
There appears a given acceptance that the distance between cold water outlet and top of Hot water cylinder is at least 1 metre. This I know worx and is adequate.

I have moved everything to the loft. Jacking the cold water tank as far as possible but .I still .only now have a 0.80 metre gap. Pressure to kitchen taps is frightrfully poor. Would using narrow or wider pipework help. I have a 3bar pump but doubt if it would solve my problem, I have sufficient height for the overflow.

Any help greatly appreciated
Ciao

Sponsored Links
I have moved everything to the loft. Jacking the cold water tank as far as possible but .I still .only now have a 0.80 metre gap. Pressure to kitchen taps is frightrfully poor.

where is the kitchen tap in relation to the cws ? distance.

the important distance is from the CWS (bottom) and the outlet (tap)...think of the hot water cylinder as a big fat piece of pipe.

Kitchen HW tap outlet is 25 feet down on 15mm pipe. Showerhead on the other hand will be virtually level with the base of HW Cylinder... which is 1 metre in height. A further 0.8 metre up will reach the bottom of CW outlet of the Water Tank. You seem to be suggesting CW outlet to the top of HW Cylinder is less crucial than I initially thought. That the Shower Head outlet and Kitchen tap outlet is a more important criteria.

Sponsored Links
forget the cylinder.
only worry about the distance from the cws to your outlets.

your showerhead willbe just under 2 m from the cws, so your showers performance willbe cr*p :(

as for your kitchen tap is 25ft - 7.62m = 0.7 bar so that shouldn't be a poor flow.

Thus I can assume adding a 3 bar monsoon from the HW cylinder to the showerhead will improve things immeasurably, (or even measureably).
Can one use the same pump to improve the pressure of the kitchen outlet taps some 25 feet down ? Or would I use a seperate 1 bar pump situated in the kitchen .....or possibly the loft ?

Your help in this matter is greatly appreciated

Ciao ringrazie salute

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back