overflowing cw tank

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have just replaced my indirect HW cylinder as the coil was burst ( water flowing back into central heating F & E tank and out the overflow )
When I refilled the new HW cylinder & heating system I turned on the CH & HW and the water level in the cold water tank in the loft rose and poured out the overflow , while this was happening the water level in the F & E tank dropped and the supply valve was continually feeding the F & E tank. I turned the heating off and have drained the cw tank with the cold water supply valve closed. When I turn the heating on the water is flowing from the hot water cylinder back up the supply pipe into the cold water tank. Is the coil in the new HW cylinder burst ? or am I missing something ?

Sponsored Links
:eek: :eek: Someone sold you a Primatic instead of a coil indirect :?:...It wasn`t the coil in the first place :?: :oops:

Hello Nige F , Problem solved , stripped out the new tank and tested the coil be plugging one end and blowing in the other , Coil in new tank is burst , as was the coil in the original tank. Have been and got another tank ( tested it before fitting ) and all seems to be well so far....... Cheers RGBD

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back