Cyclists should be banned off certain roads

Listen, I don't drive a car at all. I don't cycle. I can hardly bloody walk.

So where's my flippin' rebate?

But as a pedestrian , albeit an occasional one , you're still using a road. Pavements don't appear out of nowhere , they still have to be built , maintained , cleaned , lit etc and there is a call on here for ALL road users to pay a tax so you really shouldn't be asking for a rebate now should you?

Could he have at least a partial rebate if he walks on tip-toe?

Sponsored Links

But as a pedestrian , albeit an occasional one , you're still using a road. Pavements don't appear out of nowhere , they still have to be built , maintained , cleaned , lit etc and there is a call on here for ALL road users to pay a tax so you really shouldn't be asking for a rebate now should you?

I've got a hover board like Marty McFly.

Now can I have a rebate?

Actually, you're not far wrong, there. I am walking on my right heel at the moment.

watched the emergency bikers programme last night and it said cyclists account for a 3rd of all road deaths/accidents ...tbh I did not know it was that high .. I really do think the should be banned off certain roads for their OWN safety

Tip toe ???? With all that greater pressure as opposed to a wider footprint causing point loading and thus more damage to the pavement!! Talk sense man :D
Course cyclists are already banned from certain roads such as motorways , if any form of ban was extended what other roads would people suggest. I cycle but tend to avoid dual carriageways but that said in many areas there are urban DC's .
But why stop at cyclists ? Non on motorways so maybe we should check the accident reports to see what other vehical appears often. What if there are more accidents on motorways involving vans ? Would that mean banning vans from motorways for their own safety ?

Sponsored Links
Most house insurance policies do/can/will insure cyclists/cyclists.
So a policing of cycle insurance is a non-starter, unless some form of monitoring of which house insurance policies have been extended to cover the cycles. A Cyclists Insurance Database? That'll add some extra costs.

watched the emergency bikers programme last night and it said cyclists account for a 3rd of all road deaths/accidents ...tbh I did not know it was that high .. I really do think the should be banned off certain roads for their OWN safety

FYI about 60% of those accidents occur at junctions, mostly due to drivers not paying attention, and about 10% (10% of 60%) by lorries turning and hitting cyclists who go up the blind spot.

Most other fatalities happen on country lanes, which isnt suprising to me considering how fast people regularaly drive around blind corners.

Most accidents happen in daytime.

Back