Cyclists should be banned off certain roads

Sponsored Links
I don't know why you find this concept so hard to understand.

Individual taxes have little to do with the services available, it's all just ways of collecting money

I find that concept perfectly easy to understand.

Q: Why tax motorists?

A: Because it makes more money for the exchequer.

Q: Why not tax cyclists as well? That would make even more money.

A: ?

Because the amout of tax coming in would be insignificant compared to the amount of political capital the opposition parties would gain with hysterical yells of "Party X put tax on Childrens Tricycles!!"

People still go on about "Not voting Conservative cos of Thatcher." and she stopped being PM 24 years ago..

*Discaimer - I follow politics just enough so that I can understand most of Have I Got News For You on TV. Political opitions stated in my posts should not be treated as the wisdom of an expert.
So just like all my other posts on any given subject, then.*

Sponsored Links

Individual taxes have little to do with the services available, it's all just ways of collecting money

Parroting the same argument whilst ignoring responses doesnt make you win the argument, it just makes you look thick.

I've already answered that exact question in more than one way, sorry, I am not going to spoon feed you.

JB. Stop calling it Road Tax! That was abolished in 1937!!

http://ipayroadtax.com/

Listen, I don't drive a car at all. I don't cycle. I can hardly bloody walk.

So where's my flippin' rebate?

Well that's OK then. You don't pay road tax!

I pay taxes, like you!

How come you feel entitled to a rebate, yet you reckon I'm not entitled? ;)

You get me wrong, SS. I don't want a rebate. I just don't want to have to pay road tax!

Parroting the same argument whilst ignoring responses doesnt make you win the argument, it just makes you look thick.

I've already answered that exact question in more than one way, sorry, I am not going to spoon feed you.

OK. Let me help you.

"A: Because I'm a cyclist and I don't see why I should pay road tax. Let the poor bloody motorists pay. Also, I don't want to have to carry identification plates, so that when I run red lights and cause accidents I can quickly cycle away and no-one will know who I am."

Actually, although you continue to make a big thing about road tax, that is not my main concern. What I would really like to see is compulsory identification plates/licence plates for cyclists for obvious reasons. Arrogant cyclists always cry the poor tale, yet are often the cause of accidents on the roads.

Can you give me any plausible reason why cyclists should not carry identification plates other than the fact that you'd have to pay for them?

"A: Because I'm a cyclist and I don't see why I should pay road tax. Let the poor bloody motorists pay.

So again you just parrot the same argument, rather than read and address any of the counter points.

Hurr Durr.

Arrogant cyclists always cry the poor tale, yet are often the cause of accidents on the roads.

Talking more ****, evidence please.

Can you give me any plausible reason why *people* should not carry identification plates other than the fact that you'd have to pay for them?

Well, can you?

Can you give me any plausible reason why *people* should not carry identification plates other than the fact that you'd have to pay for them?

We already (almost) do - our faces.
Most of us, anyway.

Well, can you?

I don't think I wrote those words, did I?

Can I assume, then, that this is a way of avoiding providing an answer to my question?

Just in case you have forgotten, my question was:

Can you give me any plausible reason why cyclists should not carry identification plates other than the fact that you'd have to pay for them?

(He won't. He can't!)

(He won't. He can't!)

Of course I can't, for the same reason you can't provide any reasons why people should not have to carry identification, that phone calls should not be recorded, that private courts should not be allowed, on and on etc.

Some things infringe on personal freedoms, but those are completely subjective and unquantifiable (how many angels on a head of a pin / freedom is simply a social mental construct, you can't "measure" it).

Can I assume, then, that this is a way of avoiding providing an answer to my question?

Hypocrite much?

Listen, I don't drive a car at all. I don't cycle. I can hardly bloody walk.

So where's my flippin' rebate?

But as a pedestrian , albeit an occasional one , you're still using a road. Pavements don't appear out of nowhere , they still have to be built , maintained , cleaned , lit etc and there is a call on here for ALL road users to pay a tax so you really shouldn't be asking for a rebate now should you?

(He won't. He can't!)

Of course I can't, for the same reason you can't provide any reasons why people should not have to carry identification, that phone calls should not be recorded, that private courts should not be allowed, on and on etc.

Ah, now I see.

Cyclists can not possibly be made to carry identification plates because that would mean pedestrians would also have to carry identification plates.

Yes, that makes sense. Thank you.

......Uh?

Sponsored Links
Back