Reaction score
Country
Canada
Dust collection is important for anyone doing woodworking (for the sake of our lungs). I've looked at a number of DIY cyclone dust collectors and decided to build this simple design using a simple bucket and ABS fittings:

I didn't put in a baffle but it seems to still work ok. Does anyone have experience with this type of dust collector. The bucket and fittings were inexpensive enough that I can rebuild without damaging the bank account!
smile.gif
I appreciate your comments.

Sponsored Links
Watch Marius Hornberger's recent video on making one for any tips...

...and Steve Ramsey's...

And search on YouTube for Matthias Wandel and John Heisz, they have LOADS of videos on things like that.

Thanks! I have seen many of the videos. I agree - some very good stuff out there. Many of them fit an off-the-shelf Cyclone product onto a rig but that product costs quite a bit. Some use buckets like I did. The design I came across was the simplest. I just wonder if anyone has any experience with these things and whether a baffle in the bucket makes a difference (mine does not have one). Thanks again.

Its a good way of collecting the debris before it reaches the vacuum cleaner. Dyson took it a step further.

Sponsored Links
there is a similar off-the-shelf device used for collecting ashes from woodburner or multifuel stoves, which would clog an ordinary vac.

I have an ash vacuum. Though never use it.
More hassle that its worth. The filter clogs and it loses suction rapidly.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back